Sunday 3 August 2008

Sharing time =)

Just wanna do some sharing this time. Something I learnt a few weeks ago. Yea, I know it was very long ago, yet I think it's very crucial.

There was once I heard from a pastor who said this:
'There was a night in an aeroplane, a lady cried for help. Her husband had a sudden heart attack in the middle of the sleep. Everyone in the plane woke up that moment. Very soon, a pilot made an announcement: "Is there any doctor in the aeroplane? We have an emergency here! We need help from a doctor!" This man was very fortunate because there were 4 doctors on the plane that time.

But what if all the doctors decided not wake up to help the man because they are simply too tired due to the late and long meeting they had the day before? What would happen to the man?

Very similiarly, if God ask us: "Is there any Christian here? There is an emergency! Someone is dying!"

Christian, are you ready to answer this call? Are you prepare to do it now? Or are you even ready?'
(This may not be the exact version because I didn't record it down, sorry. I just type out whatever I can remember...)


Immediately, I took a while to think seriously about what I have just heard.

Am I ready to say 'Yes' now if He calls? Or am I well prepared?
There were times I pondered how ready am I....
I always fear I'm not doing well enough for Him and I fear... a lot ...

"Lord, bless me boldness and wisdom to do your work... "

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

No comments: