Friday 22 February 2008

幸福 Xing Fu

What's the meaning of 幸福 in English?

Often my friends ask me this question. Till now, I don't think I have the exact answer to the question. Aha! This also proves the insufficiency English words in human beings communication. That's why there are around 70% of English words are borrowed from other languages in order to complete a better communication.

From what I understand of the word 幸福 is with the mixture feeling of happiness, content, well-supplied, well-fed, often emotionally touched...

Often the meaning doesn't come altogether, depends on the situation and context. However, something for sure, the feeling is good and I love it!!

One word that I found which I personally think it's quite close to the meaning is BLESSED.

Blessed means
-bringing happiness and thankfulness according to Dictionary.com.
-bringing happiness, pleasure, or contentment according to The American Heritage®
Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.
-highly favored or fortunate, enjoying the bliss of heaven, characterized by happiness and good fortune according to WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

So, how do you define it?

My definition on that... check out the picture below...

A complete 'more chips more' .... =,="
A complete and super 'clean up' mandarin orange. =)

Sweets, chocolates, biscuits all over my study table, hehe...

No comments: