Tuesday 18 March 2008

1727 Steps of Faith

Probably you will wonder what's with the 1727...

I was just having this thought since a few weeks ago. Always walk to uni without realising how many steps did I actually take each day. Or should I say each trip? Hmm... yea...

Finally, last week Saturday, I started to count how many steps I need to take in order to reach my apartment. From the very first step out of uni... one... two.. three... on and on... cross the road... turn right... cross road again... up the slope...

*fuh* Yeah! I did it! It's 1727 steps altogether!! I hope my maths isn't that bad. Well, more or less this number la! Anyway, I expected a number that exceed 1000, but I just did not realised that I take almost 3500 steps each day only on the trip to and for uni. Wow! I'm impressed, haha...

Sometimes, I really enjoy walking to uni and back home. It gives me a chance to move around and I guess I just like walking... haha! Hmm... I should consider 'walking' in my hobby now.

Despite the soaky rainny day and superb warm sunny sunshine, it's really great to be able to walk in the world that He created. Enjoying the breeze, the fresh air after rain, the path that leads to a place called 2nd home =)

Why did I put '1727 Steps of Faith'? Simple... As you know, the area where I'm staying is pretty notorious with crimes like snatch thieves, pick pockets, murderers... I have even heard more than enough people around me got into these cases. Although the secrurity here is better now and really has improved a lot, still it has not stop completely. However, I'm not afraid! What should I be afraid when I have Him in my life? Nothing!!!!

Actually, when I was walking alone, which it has becomes a daily routine to me, I do talk to Him to protect my safety and make my journey a wonderful one instead of just walk for the sake of reaching my destination. Of course, I have encountered a numbers of interesting adventures sometimes. It's really great and cheers me up. Praise Him!! Yea!!! He always work in wonderous way and the timing is so accurate.

Walking is cool... try it if you haven't been walking for a long time =)

2 comments:

KahJoon said...

wah, u actually counted ur steps? hati hati woi, cross road also count..later kena bang baru tau...careful

ireneC said...

Okay. No worries! I wont do that again coz... i've already counted, haha.... *sweat*